ThreadLocalTransactionProvider Example
a***@joinsharespace.com
2018-01-31 04:14:57 UTC
Hi,

I'm attempting to use jooq in an lightweight environment (i.e. no Spring,
just Spark Java), and I've been trying to figure out how to use the
ThreadLocalTransactionProvider. Are there any working examples of how to
use it? I've been searching for a while, but have only found scattered bug
reports. I'm not entirely clear on both how to configure it and how to use
it to start, commit, and rollback transactions and nested transactions.

If it helps I can post the code I have. But before asking anyone to look at
my code, I figured I would see if there was an example I could work through.

Thanks!
-Adam
Lukas Eder
2018-02-01 15:35:38 UTC
Hi Adam,

Thanks for pointing out this missing documentation. I have added a feature
request to document the ThreadLocalTransactionProvider in the manual:
https://github.com/jOOQ/jOOQ/issues/7132

Your use-case is ideal for this transaction provider as you're not
introducing any third party transaction semantics or "opinionated"
framework, given that ThreadLocalTransactionProvider is already opinionated.

For the time being, I've updated our Spark Java example to use thread local
transactions:
https://github.com/jOOQ/jOOQ/tree/master/jOOQ-examples/jOOQ-spark-example

Please, let me know if you have any specific questions.

Hope this helps.
Lukas